resetting password of your windows 7 or vista.But many of them are lengthy or sophisticated.This is one of the simplest method and you only need a windows installation CD/USB to reset the password.It relies on an unpatched bug in windows operating system.
Step-By-Step Guide to Reset Windows Password:
- Insert windows 7 disk into your CD Rom and Restart your computer.
- Press any key to Boot from the CD and then click on Repair your Computer.
- Now from the various options select Command Prompt.
- Now Command Prompt will be open and create a backup of Sticky keys by typing the following command in the command prompt
copy c:\windows\system32\sethc.exe c:\
- Now replace sticky keys with the Command Prompt by typing the following command
copy c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe c:\windows\system32\sethc.exe
- Now Restart your computer.
- When you get the windows login screen then hit Shift button for 5 times continuously and Administrative Mode of Command Prompt will be open.
- Now to reset the password just type the following command
net user geek MyNewPassword
Remember: geek is the username of the computer and MyNewPassword is the password. Replace both as you wish.
- Login in your computer system with your new Username and Password.