This blog post is a part of our blogger seo series.If you have not read our earlier posts for blogger seo you can read them at Seo Tips and Tricks for Bloggers and Seo Tips And Tricks For Blogger (Part 1) .Meta Description plays an important role in onpage optimization be it a blog or a website.One of the greatest disadvantage of using blogger is its lack of support for unique description for each blog post which can severely affect your onpage seo.While the method we are describing here will provide you with the ability to give a unique meta tag description moreover it will be dynamic .So you don’t have to worry for writing a unique meta description for each of your earlier and future blogpost.We have been using this method on our blogger blog and after implementing it found an increase in our search engine rankings.Now here is the step by step tutorial on how to add a dynamic meta description in blogger.
1. Login into your blogger account.
2. Click on Design and then on HTML.
3. If already have added some meta description tag then delete it and add the following code.
4. Add the following code
<meta expr:content='data:blog.pageName + data:blog.title + data:blog.pageName' name='Description'/>
5. This code will insert your post tittle in each description which not only makes your blogger post description unique but also help you out in onpage seo because you usually have your keywords in your blog post tittle.
6. You can use the “ data:blog.pageName + “ as many times as you want in your blogger decprtion .But if you use it more then once then it can also have an adverse effect.So,donot overuse it.
7. We have more blogger tips and tricks in store for you.So,keep checking back our blog.If you have any problems or doubts donot hesitate to ask.